Sunday, January 16, 2011

New things to do

Been a long time since I worked on Nakshatra, thanks to the Masters program I enrolled in which kept me busy for a few months now.

Now that it is holidays, I plan to do a few things:
  1. Tune evaluation parameters.
  2. Enable EGTB in the engine.
Before I left, several months ago, I was experimenting with mobility factor changes and left it inconclusively. Time to go ahead and finish it off. EGTB creation code is ready for a long time now. Time to write code to integrate it with the engine.

3 comments:

  1. I hope to see theses updates soon.
    I think the mobility factor will help a lot, I tend to believe that it's more important in the suicide variant than the regular chess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. I did a bunch of experiments varying mobility factor and it seemed to improve the strength a bit. However, I really need a cluster of machines to test these changes to be convinced about the improvements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. However, unfortunately for me, I couldn't achieve what I set out to during my holidays. It will take a while before I again get time to work on this again.

    ReplyDelete